Free Traffic Hacks for 2017
There are 5 steps to getting free traffic. In this article I gladly walk you through this process to ensure your ROI remains as high as possible!
We all see that the cost for advertising is ever on the rise. We expect that in our industry because more marketers want to advertise their products. I see this as a benefit to me and those who decide to leverage their paid advertising with gaining free traffic.
Step 1: Find authority blogs in your niche
Do a search for [your niche] blog
Look at the ones on the first page of the search results
See how they rank in: Google, Alexa rank number of backlinks, etc.
Draw up a short-list of top 10 blogs and then subscribe to them.
Step 2: Read everything on their sites
-Go back to the earliest post available
-Look at what has been covered
-Look for what’s missing because you’ll write on that.
-Look at the writing style, your article will need to fit in with theirs.
Look at word count, spelling, punctuation, formal or informal, etc.
Step 3: Practice
-Write a few practice articles in a style that will fit in with each blog you intend to target.
-Try rewriting the article in different styles until you’re confident. (if your article isn’t accepted by one blog, you can use it for another)
Step 4: Approach blog owners (Guest blogging)
Using Guest Posting. What is guest posting? It’s a method for you as a content writer to write an article and post it on someone else’s website.
-Email them and
-Complement them on having such an informative blog
-Ask if they accept guest postings and offer a few articles they might be interested in utilizing.
-Tell them they can have them for free in return for a brief “bio” and a link to your own site.
-DO NOT send articles unsolicited! Nine times out of ten they will be deleted or publish your article without you knowing. Which means you’ve wasted time.
Why I enjoy guest blogging is that it’s a win – win situation for both parties. You obtain free exposure, endorsement and free traffic while they get content that they don’t have to write. Not to mention, it allows you to rub shoulders with an authority in your industry.
TIP: Contact the blogs at the bottom of your list first so that you can learn from your experience, tweak the writing and then keep moving up the list until you’ve reached your #1.
Step 5: Send the Article
-Make sure it has been posted on any other blog before.
-Don’t publish it on your site
-If they reject it, ask for feedback and constructive criticism
-If the owner publishes your article:
-Share details on social media
-Stick around to answer any questions/comments
-Offer to reciprocate and publish an article on your own blog.
Quick and Easy Free Traffic on YouTube:
-YouTube is the second most popular search engine on the web
-Right after Google (which is owned by YouTube)
-Top ranked videos on YouTube often get shown on the first page of Google
-Easier to get ranked on YouTube because there’s less competition
YouTube Traffic Plan:
1. Open a YouTube account and setup a channel
2. Your channel name should:
3. Incorporate at least two keywords or
4. Be your business name
6. Write your video script (ensure its keyword rich and in a conversational style)
6. Practice reading it aloud and in front of a mirror if you’re going to be appearing on camera to make it perfect.
7. There are two types of videos you can make
2. Graphics and audio (use “PowerPoint and Camtasia”)
1. Video camera or a cell phone with video recording capabilities will do
2. An external mic to provide a clear voice
3. Editing software (iMovie, Movie Editor
1. Free Serif Software (Serif movie plus to edit and draw plus for graphics that you want to create from scratch)
4. If you don’t have powerpoint on your computer download LibreOffice.com
5. Techsmith.com/camtasia.html (free trail) or CamStudio.org this is an open source software, it doesn’t come with editing software so you can use it with Serif
6. Make sure your format and size of recording will be accepted by YouTube
1. MP4, 1280 x 720, 30fps
2. Audio should be in stereo with a sample rate of 96 or 48 kilohertz
7. Upload the file onto Youtube and upload your script as a text file and sync it with the captions
8. This allows the keywords to get indexed by YouTube and Google
4. Fast Free Forum Traffic:
1. Advantages – Highly targted viewers
1. Authority traffic – Your publications will be viewed as an authority
2. Provides a backlink to increase SEO
1. An example is: Warrior Forum
3. Some forum sites insist that you become a member for a certain length of time or pay prior to being able to publish articles.
5. Forum Tips:
1. Post some useful information and ensure you have a few “likes” before adding your signature.
2. Don’t make your signature look like an advertisement
3. There must be some gain to the reader for clicking your signature here are a few ideas:
1. Satisfied curiosity,
2. Give away, (ebooks, articles, videos, cheat sheets, etc.)
3. Check forum rules!,
4. Don’t expect a lot of traffic from forums, but your readers will be targeted and are more willing to purchase your goods because they are actively seeking your information.
6. Traffic from Craigslist and other Ad Sites (This method isn’t as good as it once was, but it still works)
These still work because these Ads are: To get started go to Criagslist And select the Community Section (Community Groups) 7. Quick and Easy FB Traffic 7. Quick and Easy Twitter Traffic
2. Ads get indexed regularly by Google, Bing and Yahoo!,
3. Backlinks from an authority sites and good for SEO,
Your ads must be specific about your: Product, Service or 2Giveaway
4. Adding specific keyword will allow your ad to be indexed appropriately.
1. Post to Classifieds, scroll to community, click on groups, choose a good location, fill out information, write keyword in the “postal code” area, write your keyword rich link don’t forget to include ‘http’ for your link.
2. If you can’t post in a category with a clickable link, you can still get traffic from Craigslist.
In order to do this just include your website address at the top and bottom of your ad.
3. Have it on a separate line so it really stands out.
4. People can then copy and paste the link into their web browsers for more info.
1. Makes sure Ad complies with Craigslist guidelines
2. makes sure it isn’t make money online or anything similar
3. Don’t include the phrase “click the link”
4. Don’t post too often or the same ad to more than one category of craigslist
5. In Google search “Free Ad Sites” use same techniques for your Craigslist post.
1. Make your FB page appealing
1. Make images big
3. Use photos, memes and infographics
2. Keep updates short: use teasers to get people to visit your website or blog through curiosity.
3. Make it easy for people to share your content on Facebook by having a “Like this on Facebook” plug-in on your website or blog
4. Ask people to share your content since if they’ve found it useful, informative, or entertaining, chances are others will too
5. WordPress: Shareaholic plug-in puts social media buttons on your sites tonight.
6. Update your pages regularly,
7. Ask your audience questions, get interactions back and forth.
8. Add links to your website from Facebook: About page, Milestones, Photos
9. Link different parts of your site or blog, choose different links from Facebook because every link from Facebook boosts your SEO.
10. Next, embed a short Vimeo, Vine or YouTube video embed it on your Facebook page.
11. Make it tie-in to an article on your blog
12. Then have a CTA for people to visit your site at the end.
13. Search Facebook looking for people who need your help.
14. Sometimes people will mention that they are looking or this or that so it’s good to do a keyword search from time to time and refer them to your site for a solution.
17. Look in Facebook Groups related to your niche. This will allow you to get direct traffic to your site from people who have a genuine want for your information and or products.
Twitter is an incredibly important and powerful social media network and one of the largest on the net.
1. It has approximately 316 million monthly active users, and about a billion registered users.
2. If one of your tweets gets “retweeted” by a prominent users and starts “trending”, you could get more traffic than you know what to do with!
3. Make sure your site has a “Follow Us On Twitter” button or even better add a “Twitter feed” to your site.
4. This makes it easier for people to follow you and a taste of what content you provide.
5. This has an added bonus of keeping your website looking “active” by filling it with new content.
6. If you’re using WordPress.Org you can use a plugin called WP Twitter Feeds, or WP plugin dashboard
8. Install Shareaholic share buttons.
9. Tweet regularly
10. Your Tweets should be interesting and tie-in to your blog content and
11. Include a link back to the post
12. Include the full URL to help with SEO,
13. Don’t make your Tweets “sales-y”, include useful information.
Bad Example: If you have a hair loss product, don’t say “Get ready for summer with this great hair treatment (site URL) #hairloss #regrowhair #fullheadofhair
Good Example: “This could certainly help me lose my spare tire if it works on humans! (site URL) #supplements, #fitness #fatburning
14. Retweet tweets from other users that are relevant to your niche,
15. Use automated tools to keep your Twitter feed active.
Tools: Buffer will allow you to pre-schedule tweets and have them drip feed into your Twitter account. www.buffer.com. Use Twitter in tandem with other social media sites for the best outcome
These still work because these Ads are:
To get started go to Criagslist
And select the Community Section (Community Groups)
7. Quick and Easy FB Traffic
7. Quick and Easy Twitter Traffic
1. Social network that revolves around pictures,
2. It’s about being personal and keeping people up-to-date with your activities.
3. It uses hashtags in a similar way to Twitter.
1. You create “Mood boards from a collection of images,
2. Share these boards with world or keep them private (similar to Instagram),
3. Both are smartphone apps,
4. Both revolve around images,
5. Both can be used to drive traffic to your site for free,
6. Both good for businesses that focus on the visual or creative side of the web. Both Instagram and Pinterest are great for building your brand more than for direct sales and more women tend to use these than men.
7. You’ll obviously want to take great photos,
8. Your objective is to allow fans and followers into your life so they can feel like they know you.
9. This will build your brand loyalty and your authority and it will make you more likable, increasing the chance that someone will visit your website through curiosity and (ultimately) buy from you or share your content.
10. Also you’ll want to appear knowledgeable in your field so make sure whatever you’re promoting actually works.
11. Pinterest is used more for researching ideas and getting inspiration (think interior design and DIY projects)
12. Your ultimate goal is to be a brand that people want to follow, don’t be sales-y, vary the images and materials you post.
13. Again post regularly, and use hashtags wisely to interact with other users, now link back to your website and cross-pollinate with other social media.
19. Ad-Swaps for Fast Free Traffic
1. You’ll need an autoresponder (Aweber, Getresponse)
2. A list of subscribers
3. Compelling free offer
4. You contact a mailing list owner and set up an ad-swap, they send your email to their list and vis-versa.
5. Make your ad compelling, short and to the point
6. Make the subject headline intriguing so that people want to open it
7. If possible, split test the ad by getting the other party to send your ad to half (or a portion) of his/her list at a time.
8. You’ll need tracking on your site, Google analytics to see how effective your ad is.
9. Send traffic to a unique squeeze (or capture) page to ensure the percentage of responses see how effect their list is.
10. Don’t do this too often to avoid burning out your list.
So, we’ve come to the end of this advice filled article. What did you learn? I’d love to hear from you. If you know of someone who can benefit from this post, do share it.
Until next time… BeUnStoppable!
P.S. If you’re in business, you need an edge. You can no longer be passive and just wait for clients and customers to come through the door. Up your ads, emails and marketing materials with proven advanced copywriting and marketing methods with the Unstoppable Copywriting Strategy Blueprint.
This book is packed with simple to follow and quick ideas that you can use right now to blow any competition out of the water for good. Click here for more info.