Free Traffic Hacks for 2017
There are 5 steps to getting free traffic. In this article I gladly walk you through this process to ensure your ROI remains as high as possible!
We all see that the cost for advertising is ever on the rise. We expect that in our industry because more marketers want to advertise their products. I see this as a benefit to me and those who decide to leverage their paid advertising with gaining free traffic.
Step 1: Find authority blogs in your niche
Do a search for [your niche] blog
Look at the ones on the first page of the search results
See how they rank in: Google, Alexa rank number of backlinks, etc.
Draw up a short-list of top 10 blogs and then subscribe to them.
Step 2: Read everything on their sites
-Go back to the earliest post available
-Look at what has been covered
-Look for what’s missing because you’ll write on that.
-Look at the writing style, your article will need to fit in with theirs.
Look at word count, spelling, punctuation, formal or informal, etc.
Step 3: Practice
-Write a few practice articles in a style that will fit in with each blog you intend to target.
-Try rewriting the article in different styles until you’re confident. (if your article isn’t accepted by one blog, you can use it for another)
Step 4: Approach blog owners (Guest blogging)
Using Guest Posting. What is guest posting? It’s a method for you as a content writer to write an article and post it on someone else’s website.
-Email them and
-Complement them on having such an informative blog
-Ask if they accept guest postings and offer a few articles they might be interested in utilizing.
-Tell them they can have them for free in return for a brief “bio” and a link to your own site.
-DO NOT send articles unsolicited! Nine times out of ten they will be deleted or publish your article without you knowing. Which means you’ve wasted time.
Why I enjoy guest blogging is that it’s a win – win situation for both parties. You obtain free exposure, endorsement and free traffic while they get content that they don’t have to write. Not to mention, it allows you to rub shoulders with an authority in your industry.
TIP: Contact the blogs at the bottom of your list first so that you can learn from your experience, tweak the writing and then keep moving up the list until you’ve reached your #1.
Step 5: Send the Article
-Make sure it has been posted on any other blog before.
-Don’t publish it on your site
-If they reject it, ask for feedback and constructive criticism
-If the owner publishes your article:
-Share details on social media
-Stick around to answer any questions/comments
-Offer to reciprocate and publish an article on your own blog.
Quick and Easy Free Traffic on YouTube:
-YouTube is the second most popular search engine on the web
-Right after Google (which is owned by YouTube)
-Top ranked videos on YouTube often get shown on the first page of Google
-Easier to get ranked on YouTube because there’s less competition
YouTube Traffic Plan:
1. Open a YouTube account and setup a channel
2. Your channel name should:
3. Incorporate at least two keywords or
4. Be your business name
6. Write your video script (ensure its keyword rich and in a conversational style)
6. Practice reading it aloud and in front of a mirror if you’re going to be appearing on camera to make it perfect.
7. There are two types of videos you can make
2. Graphics and audio (use “PowerPoint and Camtasia”)
1. Video camera or a cell phone with video recording capabilities will do
2. An external mic to provide a clear voice
3. Editing software (iMovie, Movie Editor
1. Free Serif Software (Serif movie plus to edit and draw plus for graphics that you want to create from scratch)
4. If you don’t have powerpoint on your computer download LibreOffice.com
5. Techsmith.com/camtasia.html (free trail) or CamStudio.org this is an open source software, it doesn’t come with editing software so you can use it with Serif
6. Make sure your format and size of recording will be accepted by YouTube
1. MP4, 1280 x 720, 30fps
2. Audio should be in stereo with a sample rate of 96 or 48 kilohertz
7. Upload the file onto Youtube and upload your script as a text file and sync it with the captions
8. This allows the keywords to get indexed by YouTube and Google